If you typically buy oranges just for its juicing benefits then think again because oranges offer so much more.
The orange fruit is one of the most popular around the world because of its very high Vitamin C content but we will be focusing on the peel alone in today’s post.
Quite a number of cosmetic companies incorporate the use of orange peels in their formulations and this is because orange peels contain a lot of beneficial nutrients like – Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium and Vitamin C. These are all nutrients that are beneficial to skin. Without much ado, here’s a quick breakdown of the benefits of orange peel powder on skin.
Orange peel powder is gotten from the dried and ground orange rinds. Without much ado, here’s a quick breakdown of the benefits of orange peel powder for the skin.
1. The presence of citric acid in orange peels makes it an effective lightening agent. Citric acid is usually added to creams and lotions to balance the natural pH level of the skin.
2. Another benefit of orange peel powder is that it conceals signs of aging like wrinkles and fine lines, thanks yet again to the presence of citric acid.
3. Orange peel powder is also a great exfoliant by texture and particle size, with a little more help from our friend – citric acid.
4 . Orange peel is perfect for those with oily skin as it makes a good astringent while absorbing excess oil from the skin.
5. It makes for an awesome cleansing agent as it helps to unclog the pores, thus releasing dirt trapped underneath the surface of the skin.
6. It also helps reduce the appearance of scars and marks on the skin, again, thanks to its lightening properties.
7. Say goodbye to Acne and other skin blemishes with orange peel powder as orange peels are highly rich in antioxidants and anti-microbial agents.
Please note that caution must be emphasized here as using citrus based products in the daytime or under the sun can cause photosensitivity. So it’s generally advised to limit the application of leave on citrus based oils or products to night time use only. On the other hand, Feel free to use your wash-off products whenever you want.
We make an awesome orange peel powder soap, feel free to check it out here.